Here is another easy to make, healthy, and full of flavor recipe, that you can serve tonight and I’m sure your family will enjoy it.
I saw this recipe and I was inspired to make it for the family. And WOW, did they love it! Everyone in the family is asking me when we can have shrimp like this again.
The recipe is really easy, and the cooking time is very short. The prep work will take some planning because 1. You will need to peel and de-vein the shrimp, and 2. You will need to marinade the shrimp for about 30 minutes. After that, it is all easy-breezy.
NOTES ABOUT SHRIMP:
- Buy fresh shrimp if you can
- Buy “large” shrimp, or larger, if possible. Larger shrimp are easier to skewer
- Buy shrimp from the US (or at least local to you). I buy “Gulf Shrimp”, which is shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf is only 200 miles from me, thus my shrimp is fresh, and I support local and responsible fisherman who work closely with state wildlife resources to protect the health and sustainability of our seafood resources. I’m doing my best to be a smart consumer of seafood.
2lbs of shrimp (about 24-30 shrimp)
For the Marinade
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup packed chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Peel, de-vein, clean shrimp. Place shrimp in a large zip bag and add the marinade. Ensure the shrimp is completely covered by the marinade and place the bag in the refrigerator of 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, skewer the shrimp and place the skewers a grill tat has been heated to medium-high, or about 325 degrees.
Shrimp does not need more than 2-3 minutes per side to cook. The flesh should quickly change from limp and grey to firm and pink.
Serve with a fresh green salad and a light and crisp white wine. Enjoy! And don’t be surprised if your family goes crazy for this meal.
- Calories: 262.6kcal
- Carbohydrates: 1.2g
- Protein: 31.1g
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 381mg
- Potassium: 136.6mg
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Vitamin A: 213.6IU
- Vitamin C: 6.8mg
- Calcium: 228.2mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
#food #healthyeating #shrimp #mediterraneandiet #wide-body